If you or your partner is resident in the Parish you are entitled to be married here.
To find out whether or not you live in the parish just enter your postcode in http://www.achurchnearyou.com/
If you do not reside in the parish then you will need to meet the following qualifying criteria of the Church of England.
That one of you:
- has at any time lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months or
- was baptised in the parish concerned or
- was prepared for confirmation in the parish or
- has at any time regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months or
That one of your parents, at any time after you were born:
- has lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months or
- has regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months or
That one of your parents or grandparents:
- was married in the parish
If you do not meet any of the above criteria then it may still be possible to get married at St Luke’s. Please telephone the vicar for advice 0117 977 7633
Once you have decided that you wish to get married here we will guide you through the process.
You will find helpful information on the following website: www.yourchurchwedding.org