As the local village church, St Luke’s has been privileged to welcome people for baptisms, weddings, funerals and confirmations over hundreds of years. It is our joy and pleasure to continue these traditions in our parish.
You can find out more about the meaning and practicalities of these life events on the Church of England website https://www.churchofengland.org/
If you are considering any of these, speak to someone on the door at one of our services, or contact us at email@example.com
If you or your partner is resident in the Parish you are entitled to be married here.
To find out whether or not you live in the parish just enter your postcode in https://www.achurchnearyou.com/
If you do not reside in the parish then you will need to meet the following qualifying criteria of the Church of England.
That one of you:
- has at any time lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months or
- was baptised in the parish concerned or
- was prepared for confirmation in the parish or
- has at any time regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months or
That one of your parents, at any time after you were born:
- has lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months or
- has regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months or
That one of your parents or grandparents:
- was married in the parish
If you do not meet any of the above criteria then it may still be possible to get married at St Luke’s. Please
contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you have decided that you wish to get married here we will guide you through the process.
You will find helpful information on the following website: www.yourchurchwedding.org