One of the primary functions of a church is to worship God. We have three services most Sundays:
8am: A quiet communion service with a sermon; the whole service lasts 45 minutes.
10am: The main service of the day with hymns and a sermon.
- On week one we have a service of ‘Word & Worship’
- On weeks two and three we have a communion service and on week four we have a Worship Together service to include all ages.
6.30pm: week one of the month is a joint service somewhere in the South Bristol Deanery. The location changes each month.
- On weeks two and three we have a quiet service of said Evening Prayer with a short devotional a talk focussed on one of the evening readings.
- And on week four we have a quiet communion service.
- There is also a midweek communion service at 11am every Thursday.
Children: Children are always welcome at St Luke’s, but especially at the 10am service, and on weeks one and two of the month we have activities for children during the service.
On the third week the younger children can go out during the service for a Bible story.
- And on the fourth Sunday all ages stay in church. This is usually a shorter service of less than an hour
- Children and families are also especially welcome at our monthly Messy Church, usually held on the third Saturday of the month from 3.30pm.